Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Truth

This morning a facebook friend of mine posted John 8:32 and then you will know the truth and the truth will set you free.
I love this verse and use it often, but I think I have used it out of context. It has been used as lines in movies and tv shows in the wrong way. You see, our word cannot free anything or anyone, but I know someone's word who can. In verse 31, the Bible says that Jesus said to the Judeans who had believed in Him, "If you continue to follow my teaching, you are really my disciples, and then you will know the truth and the truth will set you free." Wow what a radical difference it makes when you put it all together. That scripture is not about us telling the truth to anyone. Shut up! It is about discovering the truth by following Jesus' teaching...wonder wherever could I find that... Oh yeah! In God's Word! If we study His Word then there will be no confusion about what truth is and that my friend is the kind of truth that sets you free!! Woohoo! I'm shouting... are you? What an awesome God we serve that His very Word is powerful enough to free us! Hmmm I wonder what you need freed from today. Are you angry with someone? Are you lying to someone? Are you coveting something? Are you drinking to much? Are you addicted to drugs? Are you having an affair? Whatever sin we are stuck in can be forgiven and His Word can be our freedom!
WOW! What a mighty God we serve!
Much Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment