Sunday, May 2, 2010

It's just fitting...

It's just fitting that my very first blog is my favorite Bible verse! I actually have many favorites... Psalm 46:1, Phil 4:13, James 5:16, Jeremiah 29:11 and many others. For today, I am going with Psalm 46:1. I am writing this particular blog for the Military Spouse Blog Carnival, so I chose the one that I most often quote when things are not so great in my life. Some of the darkest times in my life have came when my husband was deployed. The verse that always gives me great comfort is Psalm 46:1... God is our refuge and strength, an ever present help in times of trouble. When my mind begins to fill with worry and fear, I quote this verse. It brings me great comfort knowing that no matter what He is ever present, always here no matter who is not here. He is my strength, it is not of me that I make it through trial after trial. He is my hiding place. In Him I can find refuge!
http://www.wivesoffaith.org/my-milspouse-bible-verse

4 comments:

  1. Catching up from WOF - Hi!
    Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging, and for sharing your favorites. It's always hard to pick just one, isn't it?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping by from WOF
    Welcome to the blog world =)

    Thank you for sharing this verse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that verse, it has helped me as well! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete